SWISS issues ten tips for easier summer vacation air travel
- Check the latest status of your flight (and any changes to its schedule) before you leave for the airport on www.swiss.com.
- Use the “check in the day before” option at Zurich and Geneva airports within 23 hours of your scheduled departure. (Be sure to have checked in online already and printed your boarding pass or had it sent to your mobile phone before you go to the airport.)
- Use the online check-in option within 23 hours of your scheduled departure and print out your own baggage tags, too. You can then just hand in your checked baggage at the special “fast bag drop” desks when you get to the airport.
- Pay due and full regard to all the applicable baggage provisions – especially if you’re travelling on a Light fare within Europe or to or from North America, where your carry-on baggage is limited to one item weighing no more than 8 kilos.
- Pay due and full regard to any special immigration provisions at your destination.
- Give yourself enough time for the journey to the airport to ensure that you arrive there at least two hours before your flight’s scheduled departure.
- Make use of the family check-in zone (Desks 101-109) in Zurich’s Check-In 1. On certain days, you’ll find not only SWISS mascots Bernie and Lexi here but also dedicated SWISS staff to help families make their way through the airport and to answer any practical questions they may have.
- Take less carry-on baggage, to make your boarding easier and enhance your inflight comfort.
- Put all personal items such as valuables, your valid passport and any medication along with further items like mobile phones, tablets, powerbanks or e-cigarettes in your carry-on baggage.
- In the event of an irregularity, make use of Nelly, our SWISS chatbot. Should your flight be cancelled or should you miss a connection, Nelly can help you make the rebooking yourself. All you need in order to talk to Nelly is Facebook Messenger. If this is already on your smartphone, just enter swiss.com/bot into your browser.